Stolen Diary by Kathryn Lane.
Stand-Alone Fiction (Coming Of Age).
Stolen Diary explores the challenges that Jasmin, a gifted yet socially awkward child, faces growing up with a disengaged mother. Her grandfather unwittingly creates further tension between Jasmin and her mother by encouraging her genius.
Unable to deal with her mother’s rejection, Jasmin escapes into a world of her own, a world of science and music, until she suspects family secrets are being kept from her. She steals her mother’s diary in hopes of finding clues to uncover the truth. When she fails to detect any, she hides the diary, creating a secret of her own that brings unforeseen and fateful consequences.
When a kidnapping threat becomes reality, Jasmin’s world is altered. The upheaval exposes the roots of her mother’s disdain and provides the clues Jasmin must pursue if she is to unravel the family secrets.
Review by TommyK: 5.0 out of 5 stars Her best to date!Reviewed in the United States on January 20, 2023. Stolen Diary, with all its twists and turns, keeps you riveted from the beginning to the end. A must read!
Paperback: 328 Pages
Publisher: Tortuga Publishing LLC (January 16, 2023)
Adult Readers: Fiction (Coming Of Age)
Adult Readers: Fiction (Family Life)
About Kathryn Lane: Kathryn Lane, award-winning author of the Nikki Garcia Thriller series, sets her novels and short stories in foreign countries and exotic places.
Kathryn credits her imagination to growing up in Mexico, a country which was rich in storytelling and steeped in cultural traditions. Her creativity was first expressed by painting in oils and when reality of earning a living set in, she studied accounting and finance, and joined a multinational corporation where she attained her dream job of traveling abroad.
After two decades in the corporate world and having visited over 90 countries, Kathryn left to fulfill a second dream – writing mystery and suspense novels.
Fans of strong female protagonists and suspenseful stories are likely to enjoy Kathryn’s work. The Nikki Garcia thrillers include:
Missing in Miami – the latest release in the Nikki Garcia Mystery series. Launch Feb 23, 2022.
Revenge in Barcelona – Silver Winner, Mystery/Thriller, Reader Views, 2019-2020. Finalist in the 2020 Eric Hoffer Book Awards. Also, Finalist in the Next Generation Book Awards for 2020.
Waking Up in Medellin – named Best Fiction Book of the Year 2017 by Killer Nashville. Also available in Spanish edition “Despertando en Medellin”
Danger in the Coyote Zone – first place winner in the Action/Adventure category in Latino Books into Movies 2018. It was also a finalist in the Thriller category at Killer Nashville 2018.
Kathryn’s short story collection, Backyard Volcano and Other Mysteries of the Heart, was named Best Short Story Collection 2018 by Killer Nashville.
Kathryn and her husband, Bob Hurt, split their time between Texas and the mountains of northern New Mexico. www.kathryn-lane.com
Award winning author Kathryn Lane’s debut novel, Waking Up in Medellin (in the Nikki Garcia Thriller Series from Pen-L Publishing) won:
- Silver Falchion for Best Fiction Book of the Year 2017 by Killer Nashville.
- Silver Falchion for Best Fiction Adult Suspense 2017 by Killer Nashville.
- Pinnacle Fiction Achievement Award (Fall 2016) by National Association of Book Entrepreneurs.
- 2nd Runner Up for the RONE Award (Mystery category 2017) by Ind’tale Magazine.
- Silver Medal for the Readers Favorite Book Awards (2017 Fiction Thriller).
The second novel in the Nikki Garcia Thriller Series, Coyote Zone, presents you with:
- High stakes danger in a kidnapping and human trafficking story.
- Other subplots woven into the plot, such as romance, making this an exciting read.
- The International Thriller Writers (ITW) Magazine “Big Thrill” provides an advanced review.
Kathryn’s collection of short stories, Backyard Volcano, (from Alamo Bay Press) will give you:
- A fusion between fantasy and reality.
- Symbolism, punctuated by hints of surrealism.
- Stories with unusual twists and turns – events in everyday life in Latin cultures.
Additionally, her short stories have been published by:
- The Texas A&M New Border Voices: An Anthology.
- Arriba Baseball! From VAO Publishing.
- Swirl Literary Journal from Lone Star College-Montgomery Campus.
- Alamo Bay Writers Anthology.
- The Association of Writing & Writing Programs (AWP) featured Kathryn as a reader on the panel of Arriba Baseball! In Seattle in February 2014.
Kathryn’s activities in poetry include:
- Serving on the panel of judges at Carver High School in Houston, Texas, for their finals in the Poetry Out Loud contest.
- Being published in numerous anthologies, journals.
- Two chapbooks, A Conversation on India and Spirit Rocks.
Amazon Author’s Page
Sign up for HER Newsletter:
Author’s Page At Book Marketing Global Network: