The First Star by Janice Spina.
Once upon a time there were two children who loved their father so much that they missed him terribly each time he had to leave to go away to find buyers for his woodworking. The two children, Chris and Kim, were each given a gift made by their father to keep close to them until he could return. They worried whether he would return and prayed on the first star they saw each night that he would come home safely. This story portrays the love that a father has for his children and them for him in return. It demonstrates that being kind to others by putting others before you can be rewarding. Also, some things like love and good health are far more important than riches.
5.0 out of 5 Stars “The First Star”: Author Janice Spina’s new book “The First Star” is a marvelous addition to her growing collection of children’s books that entertain while they convey important values and great lessons.
The family portrayed in this lovely book struggles with poverty and the consequences of a shortage of funds. The father travels far to try and sell his goods, the mother does her best to keep the home fires burning, and the children deal as best they can. Life is hard for them, but they remain steady in their goodness and kindness. The family is rewarded for the virtues, yet even when their finances improve, they remember what is truly important in life.
Mrs. Spina imparts in a lovely age-appropriate fashion so that children can easily relate, the fundamental lesson of appreciating the blessings in our lives and makes the reader recognize that blessings are not measured by gold and silver and material possessions but by our kindness, by the happiness in our hearts, and by the love that we give and receive.
From The Author: I wrote this story many years ago when my two children were quite young. They asked me one night to make up a new story instead of reading their regular books. The First Star is the story I created for them. Now they are sharing this story with their own children.
Paperback: 26 Pages
Publisher: Janice Spina (February 19, 2019)
John Spina (Illustrator)
Children’s: Folk Tales & Myths
Children’s: Fantasy & Magic
Biography: Janice Spina is an award-winning author of 38 books (new one to be released in July 2022).
With 19 children’s books, Louey the Lazy Elephant, Ricky the Rambunctious Raccoon, Jerry the Crabby Crayfish, Lamby the Lonely Lamb, Jesse the Precocious Polar Bear, Broose the Moose on the Loose, Sebastian Meets Marvin the Monkey, and Colby the Courageous Cat, Jeffrey the Jittery Giraffe, Clarence Henry the Hermit Crab, Lucy the Talented Toy Terrier, The First Star, Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series, Book 1-6, and MG/PT/YA books, Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Series, Books 1-6, Abby & Holly Series Books 1-6, copy editor, blogger, book reviewer and supporter of fellow authors.
Janice has multiple series which includes the Abby & Holly series (MG/PT Ages 10+), Mariah series (Age 18+), alone with a few stand-alone books. A new book in the Gateskin Chronicles series for 15+ is coming soon.
She has written 5 Novels including Hunting Mariah, Mariah’s Revenge, How Far is Heaven, In a Second, and Lubelia Alycea: One Hundred Years (a historical fiction/romance) for Age 18+.
Her works include one Short Story Collection: ‘An Angel Among Us’ for Age 18+.
Janice’s short stories have been published in others’ anthologies and in The Writer’s Newsletter, https://thewritersnewsletter.com/fiction-non-fiction
CHILDREN’S BOOKS AND AWARDS FOR PRE-SCHOOL TO GRADE THREE:
- Louey the Lazy Elephant: Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- Ricky the Rambunctious Raccoon-Mom’s Choice Award – Silver Medal
- Jerry the Crabby Crayfish-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Lamby the Lonely Lamb-Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- Jesse the Precocious Polar Bea-Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- Broose the Moose on the Loose-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Sebastian Meets Marvin the Monkey-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Colby the Courageous Cat-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Jeffrey the Jittery Giraffe-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Clarence Henry the Hermit Crab-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Lucy the Talented Toy Terrier-Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- The First Star-Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 1: Drystan and Durward Save the Day
(Pinnacle Book Achievement Award & Top Shelf Runners-up Award)
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 2: Damara Helps Drystan Find His Roar
(Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 3 Delbert Finds Himself
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 4: Delfina Solves a Problem
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 5: Drago Does a Good Deed
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 6: Dragana Helps a Fairy Make Believe (Bedtime Stories for Children Book 1). (Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal)
MG/PT BOOKS FOR 10+ FOR MIDDLE GRADE/PRETEEN/YOUNG ADULT
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 1: The Case of the Missing Cell Phone-(Pinnacle Book Achievement Award, Honorable Mention- Readers’ Favorite Book Award)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 2: The Case of the Mysterious Black Cat (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 3: The Case of the Magical Ivory Elephant (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award and Reader’s Favorite Book Awards – Silver Medal)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 4: The Case of the Brown Scraggly Dog (First Place in Top Shelf Awards, Finalist in Red City Review Awards 5-Star Book Review – Readers’ Favorite Book Awards)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 5: The Case of the Sad Mischievous Ghost (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award Authorsdb Cover Contest – Silver Medal)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 6: The Case of the Mystery of the Bells (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award Finalist – Readers’ Favorite Book Awards, Finalist – Book Excellence Awards)
- Abby & Holly School Dance (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award & Bronze Medal from Readers’ Favorite Book Awards)
- Abby & Holly Series Book 2: Unfortunate Events (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award and Readers’ Favorite Book Awards – Honorable Mention)
- Abby & Holly Series, Book 3: Secrets of the Trunk (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Abby & Holly Series, Book 4: The Hidden Stairway (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Abby & Holly Series, Book 5: The Copper Key (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Abby & Holly Series, Book 6: Faulty Timeline (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- How Far Is Heaven: https://youtu.be/pLCjyc9Q9tQ
- Hunting Mariah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZTu5R-kXhM
- Mariah’s Revenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DIawvOX9aw
Her logo is Jemsbooks – books for all ages!
Her motto is – Reading Gives You Wings to Fly!
Come soar with Jemsbooks!
Janice’s hobbies besides writing are crocheting, exercising to keep in shape, going to the movies with her husband or out to lunch or dinner, reading, book reviewing, blogging and spending time with her five grandchildren who are her writing inspiration.
Janice loves to hear from readers and appreciates and happily welcomes reviews.
Amazon Author’s Page:
Barnes and Noble Children’s Book Link:
Barnes and Noble For 18+ Novels under J.E. Spina:
Facebook Author Page:
Author’s Page At Book Marketing Global Network: