Robot Depot by Russell F. Moran
Mike Bateman is a visionary businessman, the creator and CEO of the fabulously successful chain of stores, Robot Depot, a company dedicated to selling robots and Artificial Intelligence machines for a variety of uses.
The company is a darling of Wall Street and is the most popular destination for consumers and businesses looking for labor saving devices.
But the company caught the eye of ISIS, the terrorist Islamic State. They discover a great way to deliver bombs – using the products of Robot Depot to kill people.
Robot Depot changed from being a popular company to an object of fear because of the tampered products it sells. The terrorists use the company for “terror spectaculars,” including the destruction of a skyscraper, a drone attack on Yankee Stadium, and the bombing of a children’s sailing regatta.
Mike Bateman and the FBI are in a race to stop his products from becoming weapons, a race to stop the wanton killings. His wife and partner, Jenny, discovers the true meaning of terror one horrible summer day.
I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys crisp writing, thought-provoking topics and colorful characters. Well-done Mr. Moran.
5 Star Review: Robot Depot brings technology to a whole new level. If you are up on current world news you should have heard the media talking about how terrorists are experimenting with drones to terrorize people with biological chemical among just a few uses. You might also be wonder if a robot will replace your job in the near future. Author Russell F. Moran has taken robots one step further.
If you have read any of Russell F. Moran’s books, you don’t need me to tell you what a great story teller he is, and Robot Depot will not disappoint you.
Mike Bateman is founder and CEO of a wildly successful chain of 30 stores, in the US, called Robot Depot. As a 38-year-old war veteran, he has tapped into technology that will bring him greater success than Google, Microsoft, Uber, Roomba and others ever imagined. If you can imagine the chore, Mike has a robot to fit your needs.
Well-developed characters (some of whom you have come to know in Moran’s other books) take on the story line that the author weaves so well in a society that is fast adapting to and becoming reliant on robots.
If you worry about how secure your WiFi in your home is, imagine a world where you never know if you are speaking to a robot or a human. What could possibly go wrong?
I invite you to read this futuristic story where the bad guys seem to stay ahead of the good guys and it falls on inventor Mike Bateman to stop the terror. Heart pounding, page turning drama that will cause you pause when you enter into the electronics’ department for your next techno fix.
I endorse Robot Depot by Russell F. Moran. The author dedicates this book to the inventors of the world. BMGN/Cold Coffee Review Date: November 14, 2018.
Stand Alone Book
Paperback: 218 Pages
October 11, 2017
Genre: Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
About the Author: Russell F. Moran is the author of 17 novels. His book series include The Harry and Meg Series, The Matt Blake Legal Thrillers Series, The Time Magnet Series, The Patterns Series, and many stand-alone books.
The Harry and Meg Series:
- The Maltese Incident was published in June 2018.
- The Violent Sea was published in October of 2018.
- A Sea of Fear was published in April 2019.
The Matt Blake Legal Thrillers Series:
- Sideswiped was published December 12, 2015.
- The Reformers was published March 14, 2016.
- The President Is Missing was published May 30, 2017.
The Time Magnet Series:
- The Gray Ship was published August 29, 2013.
- The Thanksgiving Gang was published August 19, 2014.
- A Time of Fear was published September 22, 2014.
- The Skies of Time was published March 3, 2015.
- The Keepers of Time was published January 30, 2017.
The Patterns Series:
- The Shadows of Terror was published July 6, 2015.
- The Scent of Revenge was published July 22, 2015.
Stand Alone Books:
- Leonardo Murphy was published March 11, 2019.
- A Climate of Doubt was published May 18, 2018.
- Robot Depot was published October 11, 2017.
- A Reunion in Time was published April 1, 2017.
- Justice in America (nonfiction) was published (July 16, 2011.
- Your Business Plan (nonfiction) was published June 6, 2012.
Russell F. Moran also published four more nonfiction books: Boating Basics: The Boattalk Book of Boating Tips; If You’re Injured: A Consumer Guide to Personal Injury Law; How to Create More Time; The Novel – A Writer’s Guide.
Russ is a lawyer and a veteran of the United States Navy. He lives on Long Island, New York, with his wife, Lynda.
Book Marketing Global Network