Talon, Encounter by Gigi Sedlmayer.
Imaginative Reading for Children (Book Five).
It is war – the poachers are back and want Talon. Revenge is in the air.
They are doing everything in their power to capture him, and if they can’t get him alive, will kill him. Determined to get him at all costs the poachers run up against the might and will of Tamo, Tima and Talon.
With the help of Tamo and Tima, Talon and Matica, they do the impossible knowing they have to capture and stop the poachers or they will be back.
Between the poachers shooting at the condors, the crows playing their part, and Tamo being shot and injured, Matica goes above and beyond to help her beloved condors.
Action-packed from beginning to end, Talon Encounter will keep you on the edge of your seat.
- FINALIST with Book Excellence Award 2018
- FINALIST in the 2018 IAN Book of the Year Awards in “Young Adult.”
- Nominee by GLOBAL EBOOK AWARDS 2018
- Medalist Winner with New Apple in the Young Adult General Fiction 2017 Book Awards for Excellence in Independent
- BRONZE for first line competition with AUTHORSDB 2017
- GOLD for book cover competition with AUTHORSDB 2016
Paperback: 382 Pages
Publisher: Aurora House (September 25, 2015)
Action and Adventure
Tween, Teen, YA, and Family
About The Author: Book Excellence Award Finalist 2017, Sole Award Medalist winner with ‘New Apple’ 2017, Nominee with Global Ebook Award 2017, silver book award with Readers’ Favorite
Gisela (Gigi) Sedlmayer was born on 19 May 1944 in Potsdam, a suburb of Berlin in Germany.
Her family escaped to the West just before the infamous wall went up. They moved around in Germany until finally settling in Munich where Gigi studied architectural drafting and met Albert in 1965, marrying in December 1967. She worked as a civil drafts’ person in various private consultancies in Munich.
May 1975, Gigi and her husband moved to New Zealand. Because of language challenges, she started a handicraft business. As a specialty, she made colorful parrots of which she sold thousands in a few years.
May 1989, they became adoptive parents of twin girls from Fiji.
September 1992, they moved to Australia.
November 1993 Gigi was diagnosed with cancer. By the grace of God, she survived and seeing her husband writing the story about the adoption, she started to write short stories for competition since her English became increasingly better.
She entered them in competitions and often got very good reports back, which gave her confidence to go on writing. One day the idea for the TALON series came to her and she spent the next several years bringing the story and the characters to life.
- 2020-5 Star Book Cover Award from Book Marketing Global Network for Book One.
- 2021-5 Star Book Cover Award from Book Marketing Global Network for Book Two.
- 2021-5 Star Book Cover Award from Book Marketing Global Network for Book Three.
- 2020-5 Star Book Cover Award from Book Marketing Global Network for Book Six.
- 2021-Book Trilogy/Series Award from Book Marketing Global Network for the Talon Six Book Youth Series
- 2021 October-5 Star Award for the ‘Talon’ Series from Book Marketing Global Network.
Amazon Author’s Page:
Author’ s Page At Book Marketing Global Network: