Make Believe Is Fun by Janice Spina.
Bedtime Stories for Children (Age 5-8) Book 2.
This is book 2 of the Bedtime Stories for Children Series. There are six tales with an illustration for each. Children will read about two squirrels, a turkey, a frog, a tree, a leopard and mouse, and a cat. These animal tales will delight children and become their favorite bedtime stories.
Each story carries life lessons that will help children understand about the importance of friendship, helping others in need, family, and it’s okay to be different.
5 Stars: Dedicated To All Children Who Love To Make Believe.
Make Believe Is Fun (Book 2), continues from Make Believe: Bedtime Stories (Book 1);with beautiful cover art, and adorable story illustrations, produced by Janice Spina’s husband John.
Ollie and Nolan: One day Ollie and Nolan, two little squirrels who are brothers, went out into the forest to forage for something tasty to eat. Ollie was the older brother. He liked to tease his younger brother about everything they did together. Ollie loved finding acorns and always wanted to find more than Nolan. Find out more about these brothers.
The Turkey Who Could Growl: Terrence is a turkey who is different than other turkeys. His plumes are in shades of blue instead of all brown and black. He has dark gray eyes and a long tail that skims the ground as he walks that he can fan out in a wide half circle around his body. Find out how Terrence relates to a bear.
Freddie the Frog: Freddie the frog lived in a ten-gallon fish tank. The only other occupants were four striped tetras. They got along just fine until one day…. This true story is based on real frog living with Janice and John.
The Little Tree: There once was a little tree in the forest of many trees. This little tree was tired of trying to stretch itself up to reach the warmth of the sun. There were so many other trees that were taller, bigger, and full of branches that snuffed out the sun as it shone down on the forest. If the little tree didn’t get enough sun he could wither and die. Read how Embry comes to the rescue.
Leo the Leopard and the Mouse: Leo was a leopard cub. He was only a couple of weeks old when his mother woke him up from his daily nap.“It’s time for you to learn how to take care of yourself in the wild, Leo. There is much you need to know about living in the jungle. This story is dedicated to Janice and John’s great nephew, Leo, who loves leopards.
Tyler the Cat and the Wind Chimes: Tyler the cat walked along the wall at the back of his house one day. He always wanted to visit some of the other houses along the beach road. He had heard some sounds that he did not recognize and decided it was time to check them out. Find out what special friendship was made, when Tyler went to check out the new sound.
Award winning author, Janice Spina, writes make-believe stories that children can relate to about animals and other creatures. She hopes adults will enjoy reading these bedtime stories to the children in their lives. I highly recommend her books. Her books should be placed in school and community libraries. As adults it is our job to make it possible for all children to read books and encourage reading time. Janice Spina’s books make great year-round gifts for children of all ages.
Editorial Review by Book Marketing Global Network.
Message From The Author: This is book 2 in a 4-book series for children ages 5-8. It’s perfect for early readers and read alongs with parents/guardians at bedtime or any time.
Each story is a stand-alone tale that will delight children with the lovely illustration for each created by my husband, John. As in all my children’s books there are important life lessons that children will learn about family, friendship, being kind to others in need, that it’s okay to be different and that we are all special in our own unique way.
I hope these stories will become your children’s/grandchildren’s favorite bedtime stories each night. Happy Reading! Watch for more books in this series.
Book 2 of 2: Bedtime Stories for Children
Paperback: 98 Pages
Publisher: Janice Spina (January 10, 2023)
Children: Short Story Collection
Reading Age: 5-8 Years
Children: Bedtime Stories
MG/PT BOOKS FOR 10+
Biography: Janice Spina is an award-winning author of 38 books (new one to be released in July 2022).
With 19 children’s books, Louey the Lazy Elephant, Ricky the Rambunctious Raccoon, Jerry the Crabby Crayfish, Lamby the Lonely Lamb, Jesse the Precocious Polar Bear, Broose the Moose on the Loose, Sebastian Meets Marvin the Monkey, and Colby the Courageous Cat, Jeffrey the Jittery Giraffe, Clarence Henry the Hermit Crab, Lucy the Talented Toy Terrier, The First Star, Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series, Book 1-6, and MG/PT/YA books, Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Series, Books 1-6, Abby & Holly Series Books 1-6, copy editor, blogger, book reviewer and supporter of fellow authors.
Janice has multiple series which includes the Abby & Holly series (MG/PT Ages 10+), Mariah series (Age 18+), alone with a few stand-alone books. A new book in the Gateskin Chronicles series for 15+ is coming soon.
She has written 5 Novels including Hunting Mariah, Mariah’s Revenge, How Far is Heaven, In a Second, and Lubelia Alycea: One Hundred Years (a historical fiction/romance) for Age 18+.
Her works include one Short Story Collection: ‘An Angel Among Us’ for Age 18+.
Janice’s short stories have been published in others’ anthologies and in The Writer’s Newsletter, https://thewritersnewsletter.com/fiction-non-fiction
CHILDREN’S BOOKS AND AWARDS FOR PRE-SCHOOL TO GRADE THREE:
- Louey the Lazy Elephant: Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- Ricky the Rambunctious Raccoon-Mom’s Choice Award – Silver Medal
- Jerry the Crabby Crayfish-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Lamby the Lonely Lamb-Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- Jesse the Precocious Polar Bea-Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- Broose the Moose on the Loose-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Sebastian Meets Marvin the Monkey-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Colby the Courageous Cat-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Jeffrey the Jittery Giraffe-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Clarence Henry the Hermit Crab-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Lucy the Talented Toy Terrier-Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- The First Star-Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 1: Drystan and Durward Save the Day
(Pinnacle Book Achievement Award & Top Shelf Runners-up Award)
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 2: Damara Helps Drystan Find His Roar
(Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 3 Delbert Finds Himself
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 4: Delfina Solves a Problem
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 5: Drago Does a Good Deed
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 6: Dragana Helps a Fairy Make Believe (Bedtime Stories for Children Book 1). (Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal)
MG/PT BOOKS FOR 10+ FOR MIDDLE GRADE/PRETEEN/YOUNG ADULT
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 1: The Case of the Missing Cell Phone-(Pinnacle Book Achievement Award, Honorable Mention- Readers’ Favorite Book Award)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 2: The Case of the Mysterious Black Cat (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 3: The Case of the Magical Ivory Elephant (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award and Reader’s Favorite Book Awards – Silver Medal)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 4: The Case of the Brown Scraggly Dog (First Place in Top Shelf Awards, Finalist in Red City Review Awards 5-Star Book Review – Readers’ Favorite Book Awards)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 5: The Case of the Sad Mischievous Ghost (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award Authorsdb Cover Contest – Silver Medal)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 6: The Case of the Mystery of the Bells (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award Finalist – Readers’ Favorite Book Awards, Finalist – Book Excellence Awards)
- Abby & Holly School Dance (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award & Bronze Medal from Readers’ Favorite Book Awards)
- Abby & Holly Series Book 2: Unfortunate Events (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award and Readers’ Favorite Book Awards – Honorable Mention)
- Abby & Holly Series, Book 3: Secrets of the Trunk (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Abby & Holly Series, Book 4: The Hidden Stairway (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Abby & Holly Series, Book 5: The Copper Key (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Abby & Holly Series, Book 6: Faulty Timeline (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- How Far Is Heaven: https://youtu.be/pLCjyc9Q9tQ
- Hunting Mariah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZTu5R-kXhM
- Mariah’s Revenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DIawvOX9aw
Her logo is Jemsbooks – books for all ages!
Her motto is – Reading Gives You Wings to Fly!
Come soar with Jemsbooks!
Janice’s hobbies besides writing are crocheting, exercising to keep in shape, going to the movies with her husband or out to lunch or dinner, reading, book reviewing, blogging and spending time with her five grandchildren who are her writing inspiration.
Janice loves to hear from readers and appreciates and happily welcomes reviews.
Amazon Author’s Page:
Barnes and Noble Children’s Book Link:
Barnes and Noble For 18+ Novels under J.E. Spina:
Facebook Author Page:
Author’s Page At Book Marketing Global Network: