Little Miss HISTORY Travels to MOUNT VERNON by Barbara Ann Mojica.
- WINNER OF A B.R.A.G. MEDALLION
- WINNER OF THE 2018 INTERNATIONAL BOOK EXCELLENCE AWARD IN CHILDREN’S NONFICTION
- WINNER 2018 READER’S FAVORITE INTERNATIONAL BOOK AWARDS SILVER MEDAL IN CHILDREN’S EDUCATIONAL BOOKS
Who was George Washington? Washington is best known as America’s first president, but he was also a military hero. If you asked George Washington what he really wanted to be, he would reply, “a farmer.” Seeking to revolutionize antiquated 18th-century farming methods, Washington experimented with crop rotation, fertilizers, plowing, and plants. The Mount Vernon Ladies Association began restoring his estate to its former glory in 1853. Today the buildings, grounds and The Donald W. Reynolds Museum and Education Center reveal the real Father of the United States of America.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Who designed Mount Vernon and what was his plan called?
- The roles George Washington played in America
- The rooms in the Mansion House
- Who gave Washington a special gift in the foyer?
- The people who lived at Mount Vernon
- The buildings on the grounds
- Life as a slave
- The president who donated bricks from the White House
- See artifacts from the family in the Donald W. Reynolds Museum
- Washington’s Tomb and Memorial
- The Slave Memorial
- George Washington’s opinion on slavery
- Maybe you can’t take a trip to MOUNT VERNON right now, but you can click on the Buy Now button to begin reading.
Review by Reader’s Favorite, Vernita Taylor, Reviewer: “History improves the mind and expands our knowledge of the past.”
Review: Little Miss HISTORY Travels to MOUNT VERNON (Volume 7) is a beautiful, colorful children’s book in which Little Miss HISTORY guides you on a journey back in time to George Washington’s Mount Vernon mansion and plantation. You will learn about his way of life, 18th century farming methods, and the slaves who were the backbone of the plantation. What issues troubled George Washington? Come see how the first President of the United States lived, worked, and died.
Review: “Little Miss History Travels to Mount Vernon” by Barbara Ann Mojica is a different way to learn more about history. Is interesting to know that George Washington loved life on the farm. He was in Mount Vernon where he had this plantation of so many acres that was divided into five farms, and on one of them was the mansion where he lived with his wife.
Review by Paola Belloso (age 9) for Reader Views (01/17): In “Little Miss History Travels to Mount Vernon,” you will learn and see many things, just like if you were visiting the place. The details of his bed, the library, or even the kitchen and bedrooms of the slaves. It is a fun way to learn with actual pictures of what you are reading. Until I visit the mansion, I will keep it in my memory. I loved the pictures and Little Miss History, too.
A Note from Paola’s Mom: What Paola most like about this series was the fact that she was reading about George Washington in a different way, learning other aspects of his life and observing the details in the illustrations.
Little Miss HISTORY Travels To MOUNT VERNON (Volume 7 Of The Little Miss HISTORY Travels To Children’s Book Series)
Paperback: 46 Pages
Publisher: Eugenus® STUDIOS (September 21, 2016)
Mr. Victor Ramon Mojica (Illustrator)
Reading Age: 6-12 Years
The Adventures of Little Miss HISTORY
Juvenile Nonfiction for Elementary and Middle Grade (K-6)
About Barbara Ann Mojica: Barbara Ann Mojica, M.A. S.A.S., S.D.A is a historian and retired educator. Her education career spans more than forty years serving as a teacher, special educator, principal, and school district administrator. Barbara writes monthly historical articles for the Columbia Insider under the banner “Passages.” Using the whimsical Little Miss History character to narrate her book series, Barbara hopes to educate, entertain and inspire children to learn about historical people and places. Little Miss History’s antics make reading nonfiction a fun-filled adventure for all ages. She firmly believes, “If you don’t know your history, you don’t know what you’re talking about.”
The Little Miss HISTORY book series has garnered more than two dozen awards including B.R.A.G. Medallions, International Book Excellence Awards, International Readers’ Favorite Awards, Eric Hoffer, and Independent Author Network Awards.
- Volume 1 Mount Rushmore.
- Volume 2 The Statue of Liberty.
- Volume 3 Sequoia National Park.
- Volume 4 Ford’s Theater.
- Volume 5 Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum.
- Volume 6 Ellis Island.
- Volume 7 Mount Vernon.
- Volume 8 La Brea Tar Pits & Museum.
- Volume 9 The North Pole.
- Volume 10 Hyde Park, Home of Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library & Museum.
- Volume 11 Tombstone Arizona.
- Volume 12 Independence Hall & The Museum of The American Revolution.
- Volume 13 Little Miss HISTORY Travels to The Battleship IOWA.
Amazon Author’s Page:
Little Miss HISTORY: Purchase Apparel and Merchandise:
You Tube Channel Link
Barbara Ann Mojica – YouTube
Book Trailer 1: Features First 8 Books.
Trilogy Book and Coloring Book.
Book Trailer 2: Features Books 9, 10 and 11.
Book 12: Video Focusing on Constitution Day.
Independence Hall and Museum of The American Revolution
Author’s Page at Book Marketing Global Network: