Incremental by Geoff Nelder.
25 Tales Of Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Speculative, and Bizarre Fiction
These twenty-five tales from Geoff Nelder have increment as a theme. INCREMENT:
Noun-an increase or addition, especially one of a series on a fixed scale. Synonyms: increase, addition, gain, augmentation, step up, supplement, addendum, adjunct, accretion, boost, enhancement. Verb-cause a discrete increase in. Mathematically the difference can be negative-decremental.
For example, a pothole doubles in size every day, a meteorite hits the same house daily at the same time, or a heavy leather-bound book on the top shelf teeters closer to toppling at each library visit. A sound is heard all over the Earth, but more worrying, it gets louder each day. A couple of astronauts’ crash land on an ocean planet (apparently) and incrementally sink.
A few stories are more mental than incremental, you’ll see.
Some of the stories have won awards and have been published before, but most of the wordage is new and drawn together for a common theme. I do not apologize for the mix of genres in this collection. I write as the muse takes me and only afterwards am, I asked, is it hard SF, bizarre, horror? You have a smorgasbord of fantasy, science fiction and speculative in your hands.
“Some of these stories are more mental than incremental – all wonderful.” By Limnisa Writers’ Retreat, Greece.
‘A feast of Kafka-esque incremental tales, to be ‘literally’ devoured one after the other… by Mark Iles author of the Pride of Lions #1 best-selling sci fi book.
Paperback: 292 Pages
Publisher: LL-Publications (October 10, 2018)
Science Fiction (Short Stories)
Science Fiction (Anthologies)
Science Fiction (Tales)
About The Author: Geoff Nelder is a freelance writer living in Chester, UK.
A former high school teacher of geography and information technology, he has had non-fiction books published on microclimates in the UK along with several articles in academic journals such as Weather, Geographical Magazine and the Times Educational Supplement. Geoff is a part-time journalist contributing humorous travel accounts to Cycling World.
He has had short stories published and won a commendation for a story in the Ron Hubbard Writers of the Future Competition. He won first prize in the Cafe Doom short story competition in 2005. Besides his 2005 released humour novel, Escaping Reality, published by Brambling Books, he won an award for mystery thriller, Hot Air, to be published by a Dutch Arts Academy in 2009, and a Science Fiction block buster, Left Luggage is in the hands of an agent. Double Dragon Publishing published Geoff’s Exit, Pursued by a Bee science fiction in 2008.
Geoff is an editor for Adventure Books of Seattle, co-editor of Escape Velocity – a print and ezine magazine of science fact and fiction. He has been a freelance editor of novels and short stories for several years. Geoff is the 2009 sort-fiction judge for the Whittaker Prize.
- Best of British Science Fiction 2020 Jul 27, 2021 by Donna Scott, M. R. Carey, Lavie Tidhar, Anne Charnock, Liz Williams, Ian Watson, RB Kelley, Eric Brown, Ida Keogh, Neil Williamson
- M is for Monster Oct 27, 2010 by Ian Woodhead, Serenity Banks, David Youngquist, Simon Unsworth, Geoff Nelder, Kate Jonez, Zach Black, John Prescott, Ash Krafton, Adrian Chamberlin
- CROOKED TALES: Deception & Revenge in 14 Short Stories Sep 1, 2016 by Mark Fine, Pamela Crane, Traci Sanders, Elizabeth Horton-Newton, Joseph Mark Brewer, Keith Dixon, Eric J. Gates, Geoff Nelder, Anita Kovacevic, Michelle Medhat
- Once Upon A Scream Feb 7, 2022 by Dorothy Davies, Dan Allen, Rie Sheridan Rose, Brooke MacKenzie, Stuart Holland, David Turnbull, Gina Easton, Liam Spinage, Jason R Frei, Geoff Nelder
- SFerics 2017 Oct 22, 2017 by Rosie Oliver, Roz Clarke
- The Horror Zine Magazine Summer 2017 May 2, 2017 by Jeani Rector, Vitaly S. Alexius, Peter Ferguson Swarr, Liz McAdams, Ariana Carlson, katie Marie, David Subacchi, Teresa Frazee, Edmund Stone, James Ward Kirk
- The Horror Magazine Spring 2020 Feb 4, 2020 by Jeani Rector, Jeffrey Genung, Kristen Houghton, Harrison Kim, Richard Dawkinson, Juan Perez, Stephanie Smith, Lori Lopez, Kim Vincent, Sana Amber
- The Horror Zine Magazine Spring 2016 Nov 14, 2015 by Charles E.J. Moulton, John T. Biggs, Timothy Wilkie, Geoff Nelder, John C. Adams, Sebastian Crow, Kristen Houghton, Frank Schury, Larry Hinkle, Jeani Rector
- Personal Bests Journal Issue 1 Aug 6, 2020 by David Gardiner Editor
- Twisted Tails IX: Wunderkind Jan 27, 2016 by J. Richard Jacobs
- Twisted Tails VIII: Para-abnormal Jan 20, 2016 by J. Richard Jacobs
- Shrieks and Shivers from the Horror Zine Jan 6, 2015 by William F. Nolan, Ray Garton, Elizabeth Massie, Lisa Morton, Joe McKInney, Tim Waggoner, Martin Rose, Jeani Rector, Bentley Little
- 100 Stories for Queensland May 3, 2011 by Jodi Cleghorn, Kate Eltham
- Monk Punk Apr 19, 2011 by A.J. French, D. Harlan Wilson, Dean M. Drinkel, Geoff Nelder, Adrian Chamberlin, John R. Fultz, William Meikle, R. B. Payne, Sean T. M. Stiennon, Zach Black
Amazon Author’s Page:
Author’s Page At Book Marketing Global Network: