How Far Is Heaven by Janice (J. E.) Spina.
Parker and Priscilla Wilfork are happily married with two children. Life seemed perfect and peaceful until Parker goes on a business trip and does not return. Priscilla finds her world turned upside down when she searches for answers to how and why Parker disappeared.
One-night Priscilla has a dream that Parker is an angel. Does this mean that Parker is now dead? After two years and no sign of Parker except in her dreams, Priscilla makes the decision to tell her children that their father has gone to Heaven.
Priscilla tries to get their lives back together until one day Deanna disappears too. Now Priscilla must go on a quest to find her daughter before it’s too late. She fears her daughter’s disappearance might be connected in some way to her husband’s. Can Priscilla go on with her life if she loses Deanna too?
With the help of a handsome police Sergeant, Blake Furelli, they work together to try to find Deanna and solve the mystery behind Parker’s disappearance. During this trying time, Blake, who suffered a loss of his own, feels drawn to the ethereal beauty of Priscilla.
A Satisfying Read! July 28, 2016. The ever-talented Janice Spina does it again. Like in her other books, whether written for young children, teens or adults, “How Far is Heaven” hits the mark. You’ll find it all in this entertaining book; suspense, emotions, good values, and a satisfying ending that fills you with anticipation for Spina’s next creation. Highly recommended.
Stunning Portrayal of a Father’s Love and Protection For His Child Even After Death June 14, 2016. I absolutely loved this story! I even read it twice. It started with a hook and kept me intrigued the whole way through. I really liked the plot, the romance, the danger, and the ending. There was no dragging. It took me a minute to get all of the nasty boys’ names placed with who and what they were doing, but I just had to back up and re-read it to figure it out. There is a lot of action taking place in this book, and I didn’t want to put it down. Get your copy today!
From The Author: This book was written in 2009 and came to me in a dream. I had to write it down before it was lost. I had many other books to publish at that time so I put this book on the back burner until I could edit it. I felt it was time to publish now. Hope readers will enjoy it.
Publisher: Janice Spina; 1st Edition (June 1, 2016)
John Spina (Illustrator)
Children: Paranormal Romance (Mid-Teen and Up)
Children: Angles, Death and Grief (Mid-Teen and Up)
MG/PT BOOKS FOR 10+
Biography: Janice Spina is an award-winning author of 38 books (new one to be released in July 2022).
With 19 children’s books, Louey the Lazy Elephant, Ricky the Rambunctious Raccoon, Jerry the Crabby Crayfish, Lamby the Lonely Lamb, Jesse the Precocious Polar Bear, Broose the Moose on the Loose, Sebastian Meets Marvin the Monkey, and Colby the Courageous Cat, Jeffrey the Jittery Giraffe, Clarence Henry the Hermit Crab, Lucy the Talented Toy Terrier, The First Star, Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series, Book 1-6, and MG/PT/YA books, Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Series, Books 1-6, Abby & Holly Series Books 1-6, copy editor, blogger, book reviewer and supporter of fellow authors.
Janice has multiple series which includes the Abby & Holly series (MG/PT Ages 10+), Mariah series (Age 18+), alone with a few stand-alone books. A new book in the Gateskin Chronicles series for 15+ is coming soon.
She has written 5 Novels including Hunting Mariah, Mariah’s Revenge, How Far is Heaven, In a Second, and Lubelia Alycea: One Hundred Years (a historical fiction/romance) for Age 18+.
Her works include one Short Story Collection: ‘An Angel Among Us’ for Age 18+.
Janice’s short stories have been published in others’ anthologies and in The Writer’s Newsletter, https://thewritersnewsletter.com/fiction-non-fiction
CHILDREN’S BOOKS AND AWARDS FOR PRE-SCHOOL TO GRADE THREE:
- Louey the Lazy Elephant: Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- Ricky the Rambunctious Raccoon-Mom’s Choice Award – Silver Medal
- Jerry the Crabby Crayfish-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Lamby the Lonely Lamb-Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- Jesse the Precocious Polar Bea-Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- Broose the Moose on the Loose-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Sebastian Meets Marvin the Monkey-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Colby the Courageous Cat-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Jeffrey the Jittery Giraffe-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Clarence Henry the Hermit Crab-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Lucy the Talented Toy Terrier-Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- The First Star-Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 1: Drystan and Durward Save the Day
(Pinnacle Book Achievement Award & Top Shelf Runners-up Award)
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 2: Damara Helps Drystan Find His Roar
(Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 3 Delbert Finds Himself
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 4: Delfina Solves a Problem
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 5: Drago Does a Good Deed
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 6: Dragana Helps a Fairy Make Believe (Bedtime Stories for Children Book 1). (Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal)
MG/PT BOOKS FOR 10+ FOR MIDDLE GRADE/PRETEEN/YOUNG ADULT
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 1: The Case of the Missing Cell Phone-(Pinnacle Book Achievement Award, Honorable Mention- Readers’ Favorite Book Award)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 2: The Case of the Mysterious Black Cat (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 3: The Case of the Magical Ivory Elephant (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award and Reader’s Favorite Book Awards – Silver Medal)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 4: The Case of the Brown Scraggly Dog (First Place in Top Shelf Awards, Finalist in Red City Review Awards 5-Star Book Review – Readers’ Favorite Book Awards)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 5: The Case of the Sad Mischievous Ghost (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award Authorsdb Cover Contest – Silver Medal)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 6: The Case of the Mystery of the Bells (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award Finalist – Readers’ Favorite Book Awards, Finalist – Book Excellence Awards)
- Abby & Holly School Dance (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award & Bronze Medal from Readers’ Favorite Book Awards)
- Abby & Holly Series Book 2: Unfortunate Events (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award and Readers’ Favorite Book Awards – Honorable Mention)
- Abby & Holly Series, Book 3: Secrets of the Trunk (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Abby & Holly Series, Book 4: The Hidden Stairway (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Abby & Holly Series, Book 5: The Copper Key (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Abby & Holly Series, Book 6: Faulty Timeline (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- How Far Is Heaven: https://youtu.be/pLCjyc9Q9tQ
- Hunting Mariah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZTu5R-kXhM
- Mariah’s Revenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DIawvOX9aw
Her logo is Jemsbooks – books for all ages!
Her motto is – Reading Gives You Wings to Fly!
Come soar with Jemsbooks!
Janice’s hobbies besides writing are crocheting, exercising to keep in shape, going to the movies with her husband or out to lunch or dinner, reading, book reviewing, blogging and spending time with her five grandchildren who are her writing inspiration.
Janice loves to hear from readers and appreciates and happily welcomes reviews.
Amazon Author’s Page:
Barnes and Noble Children’s Book Link:
Barnes and Noble For 18+ Novels under J.E. Spina:
Facebook Author Page:
Author’s Page At Book Marketing Global Network: