Broose The Moose On The Loose by Janice (J. E.) Spina.
Broose is a sad moose who has no friends until he meets a young boy.
Read what happens when Broose meets a boy with the same name as he.
Review: Broose the Moose was lonely. He had no friends. The other moose laughed at him because Broose was hurt by a bear. Now he had a big scar. One day Broose the Moose was walking in the woods when he noticed a little blond boy, playing with a toy. There was something different about the boy. One of his legs wasn’t very strong. Broose became friends with the little boy. Then he had something special to smile about. Broose found out he had something else in common with the little blond boy who limped. The illustrations are cute and colorful. The message of acceptance and friendship is most important. Children, parents, grandparents and teachers will value this story and enjoy it. I highly recommend this wonderful story by award-winning author, Janice Spina review by children’s author, Deanie Humphrys-Dunne Mrs.D.5.0 out of 5 stars A Message of Acceptance and Friendship Reviewed in the United States on January 22, 2018Another wonderful book by the talented team of Janice and John Spina. The lesson of kindness and understanding is one that children must learn at a very early age. It is easy to be judgmental and mean, but children must first understand what compassion and kindness means.
A vicious bear clawed Broose the Moose at a very early age, leaving him with a scar on his face. Even though Broose looked threatening because of his scar, it did not stop the other moose from teasing him.
The sad loner wanders alone through the forests until he meets a similar loner, a boy with a limp leg. Nobody wants to play with the boy, and he spends his time away from the other children. The two become friends, very different by nature but so similar in their situations.
The author and illustrator have created a sweet, simple tale, easy to understand for a young child. The rhyme style was a bonus, and the illustrations enhanced the story. The message of acceptance and friendship is highlighted clearly: accept people for what they are. I love this story because it will bring a very needed discussion to homes, schools, and reading clubs. Children will remember the valuable lesson this book conveys. I applaud the gifted team of Janice and John Spina for another great teaching story.
From The Author: This book is meant to help children understand and accept differences in others. All my books have an underlying theme of life lessons that encourage children to be kind, caring and accepting of others. I hope that your children and grandchildren will learn these valuable lessons at the same that they enjoy reading my stories with the lovely illustrations created by my husband.
Publisher: Janice Spina (February 15, 2015)
John Spina (Illustrator)
Children’s (Classic Literature)
Pre-School to Grade Three
Biography: Janice Spina is an award-winning author of 38 books (new one to be released in July 2022).
With 19 children’s books, Louey the Lazy Elephant, Ricky the Rambunctious Raccoon, Jerry the Crabby Crayfish, Lamby the Lonely Lamb, Jesse the Precocious Polar Bear, Broose the Moose on the Loose, Sebastian Meets Marvin the Monkey, and Colby the Courageous Cat, Jeffrey the Jittery Giraffe, Clarence Henry the Hermit Crab, Lucy the Talented Toy Terrier, The First Star, Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series, Book 1-6, and MG/PT/YA books, Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Series, Books 1-6, Abby & Holly Series Books 1-6, copy editor, blogger, book reviewer and supporter of fellow authors.
Janice has multiple series which includes the Abby & Holly series (MG/PT Ages 10+), Mariah series (Age 18+), alone with a few stand-alone books. A new book in the Gateskin Chronicles series for 15+ is coming soon.
She has written 5 Novels including Hunting Mariah, Mariah’s Revenge, How Far is Heaven, In a Second, and Lubelia Alycea: One Hundred Years (a historical fiction/romance) for Age 18+.
Her works include one Short Story Collection: ‘An Angel Among Us’ for Age 18+.
Janice’s short stories have been published in others’ anthologies and in The Writer’s Newsletter, https://thewritersnewsletter.com/fiction-non-fiction
CHILDREN’S BOOKS AND AWARDS FOR PRE-SCHOOL TO GRADE THREE:
- Louey the Lazy Elephant: Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- Ricky the Rambunctious Raccoon-Mom’s Choice Award – Silver Medal
- Jerry the Crabby Crayfish-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Lamby the Lonely Lamb-Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- Jesse the Precocious Polar Bea-Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- Broose the Moose on the Loose-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Sebastian Meets Marvin the Monkey-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Colby the Courageous Cat-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Jeffrey the Jittery Giraffe-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Clarence Henry the Hermit Crab-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Lucy the Talented Toy Terrier-Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- The First Star-Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 1: Drystan and Durward Save the Day
(Pinnacle Book Achievement Award & Top Shelf Runners-up Award)
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 2: Damara Helps Drystan Find His Roar
(Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 3 Delbert Finds Himself
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 4: Delfina Solves a Problem
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 5: Drago Does a Good Deed
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 6: Dragana Helps a Fairy Make Believe (Bedtime Stories for Children Book 1). (Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal)
MG/PT BOOKS FOR 10+ FOR MIDDLE GRADE/PRETEEN/YOUNG ADULT
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 1: The Case of the Missing Cell Phone-(Pinnacle Book Achievement Award, Honorable Mention- Readers’ Favorite Book Award)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 2: The Case of the Mysterious Black Cat (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 3: The Case of the Magical Ivory Elephant (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award and Reader’s Favorite Book Awards – Silver Medal)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 4: The Case of the Brown Scraggly Dog (First Place in Top Shelf Awards, Finalist in Red City Review Awards 5-Star Book Review – Readers’ Favorite Book Awards)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 5: The Case of the Sad Mischievous Ghost (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award Authorsdb Cover Contest – Silver Medal)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 6: The Case of the Mystery of the Bells (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award Finalist – Readers’ Favorite Book Awards, Finalist – Book Excellence Awards)
- Abby & Holly School Dance (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award & Bronze Medal from Readers’ Favorite Book Awards)
- Abby & Holly Series Book 2: Unfortunate Events (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award and Readers’ Favorite Book Awards – Honorable Mention)
- Abby & Holly Series, Book 3: Secrets of the Trunk (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Abby & Holly Series, Book 4: The Hidden Stairway (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Abby & Holly Series, Book 5: The Copper Key (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Abby & Holly Series, Book 6: Faulty Timeline (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- How Far Is Heaven: https://youtu.be/pLCjyc9Q9tQ
- Hunting Mariah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZTu5R-kXhM
- Mariah’s Revenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DIawvOX9aw
Her logo is Jemsbooks – books for all ages!
Her motto is – Reading Gives You Wings to Fly!
Come soar with Jemsbooks!
Janice’s hobbies besides writing are crocheting, exercising to keep in shape, going to the movies with her husband or out to lunch or dinner, reading, book reviewing, blogging and spending time with her five grandchildren who are her writing inspiration.
Janice loves to hear from readers and appreciates and happily welcomes reviews.
Amazon Author’s Page:
Barnes and Noble Children’s Book Link:
Barnes and Noble For 18+ Novels under J.E. Spina:
Facebook Author Page:
Author’s Page At Book Marketing Global Network: