Abby & Holly Series, Book 6: Faulty Timeline by Janice Spina.
Follow along with cousins, Abby and Holly, as they learn about some changes in history from their ghost friend, Felicity, who lived back in 1880.
These changes came about when the girls traveled back to the past to their Victorian when it was once a boarding house. While they were in the past they met a young woman, Annabelle Bradley, who was a talented artist. The cousins became friends with Annabelle in the short time they knew her. They also became involved in her life through her letters and diaries that they found in their home in the future.
The girls are distraught over how Annabelle died and want to go back and somehow change history to prevent her murder. In order to do this, they must enlist the help of their friends, Davey’s and Derek’s, great aunt, Gigi, who is a benevolent witch.
Will Gigi be able to put the girls back in time in the right place to make this change possible? If they do go back, will the girls be able to return without possibly endangering themselves and end up lost forever in the past due to the faulty timeline?
Review by Michelle Clements James: 5.0 out of 5 Stars. Exciting story. Book 6 in the Abby & Holly Series is another exciting episode in the lives of the two cousins. This time, the girls want to go back in time once again and try to save their friend from the past, Annabelle Bradley, who they met the last time they entered the past. However, their ghost friends, Felicity and Minerva, are worried they might not be able to get the girls back to the present time, so they enlist the help of Aunt Gigi, a good witch, and her cat, Mianna, who also has powers. They are worried that a faulty timeline will prevent the girls’ return.
All the author’s children’s books teach life lessons. In this book, we learn that the girls have respect for their mothers’ wishes when they express fear that their daughters will be caught in another time. One example of this is when Holly asks, “what if our mothers still refuse to let us go back?” Abby responds, “Then we won’t go. We have to think of our mothers’ feelings, too.”
Abby & Holly Series Book 6 – Faulty Timeline is a wonderful book that will appeal to both boys and girls in middle grades.
I received a copy of Abby & Holly Series Book 6 – Faulty Timeline from the author and received no compensation for my honest review.
Review by Michele Rolfe: 5.0 out of 5 Stars. Awesome Series End. WOW!! What a way to end the series!! The cousins Abby & Holly go back in time 1 last time to try to save their friend Annabelle from dying. They get the help of their twin friends, Derek’s & Davey’s Grt Aunt Gigi. a good witch. It was fun to read how the girls went back & what they had to do to keep from being seen by anyone in the past this time around. The twist & surprise at the end, is AWESOME!!
Review by Sara123: 5.0 out of 5 Stars. Fabulous! Cousins Abby and Holly are back in author Janice Spina’s latest installment in the fabulous series that follows the girls’ adventures.
In this sixth volume, Faulty Timeline” – the twins go back in time intending to save the life of Annabelle the artist, a friend they met in their previous excursion to the 19th century after finding her letters and diaries. This time, recognizing the danger involved, the girls engage the help of a good witch, their friends Davey and Derek’s great aunt Gigi.
The story is captivating from the start. Abby and Holly and a host of other rich characters that include two resident friendly ghosts named Minerva and Felicity, keep young readers entertained.
Were Abby and Holly successful in their dangerous mission?
Was Annabelle’s life saved?
Read, and you shall find out!
From The Author: This series is inspired and created for my granddaughter who loves to read. This is the sixth book in the series and final book. This book was dedicated to my granddaughter, Leah, and my step-granddaughter, Laura, who love to read these books.
These characters, Abby & Holly, were introduced in Book 5 of Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Series.
I thoroughly enjoy writing these stories. They make me feel like a kid again. I let the characters take over the story and I go along for the ride. All ages love these books. They carry important life lessons that parents appreciate and happily pass along these books to their children and grandchildren to enjoy. I hope you will enjoy them too.
Series: Abby and Holly (Book 6)
Paperback: 281 Pages
Publisher: Janice Spina (July 16, 2020)
John Spina (Illustrator)
MG/PT/YA Ages 10 +
Children: Abby and Holly Series
Children: Fantasy and Magic
Children: Mystery (Action)
Biography: Janice Spina is an award-winning author of 38 books (new one to be released in July 2022).
With 19 children’s books, Louey the Lazy Elephant, Ricky the Rambunctious Raccoon, Jerry the Crabby Crayfish, Lamby the Lonely Lamb, Jesse the Precocious Polar Bear, Broose the Moose on the Loose, Sebastian Meets Marvin the Monkey, and Colby the Courageous Cat, Jeffrey the Jittery Giraffe, Clarence Henry the Hermit Crab, Lucy the Talented Toy Terrier, The First Star, Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series, Book 1-6, and MG/PT/YA books, Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Series, Books 1-6, Abby & Holly Series Books 1-6, copy editor, blogger, book reviewer and supporter of fellow authors.
Janice has multiple series which includes the Abby & Holly series (MG/PT Ages 10+), Mariah series (Age 18+), alone with a few stand-alone books. A new book in the Gateskin Chronicles series for 15+ is coming soon.
She has written 5 Novels including Hunting Mariah, Mariah’s Revenge, How Far is Heaven, In a Second, and Lubelia Alycea: One Hundred Years (a historical fiction/romance) for Age 18+.
Her works include one Short Story Collection: ‘An Angel Among Us’ for Age 18+.
Janice’s short stories have been published in others’ anthologies and in The Writer’s Newsletter, https://thewritersnewsletter.com/fiction-non-fiction
CHILDREN’S BOOKS AND AWARDS FOR PRE-SCHOOL TO GRADE THREE:
- Louey the Lazy Elephant: Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- Ricky the Rambunctious Raccoon-Mom’s Choice Award – Silver Medal
- Jerry the Crabby Crayfish-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Lamby the Lonely Lamb-Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- Jesse the Precocious Polar Bea-Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- Broose the Moose on the Loose-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Sebastian Meets Marvin the Monkey-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Colby the Courageous Cat-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Jeffrey the Jittery Giraffe-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Clarence Henry the Hermit Crab-Pinnacle Book Achievement Award
- Lucy the Talented Toy Terrier-Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- The First Star-Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 1: Drystan and Durward Save the Day
(Pinnacle Book Achievement Award & Top Shelf Runners-up Award)
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 2: Damara Helps Drystan Find His Roar
(Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 3 Delbert Finds Himself
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 4: Delfina Solves a Problem
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 5: Drago Does a Good Deed
- Drystan the Dragon and Friends Series Book 6: Dragana Helps a Fairy Make Believe (Bedtime Stories for Children Book 1). (Mom’s Choice Awards – Silver Medal)
MG/PT BOOKS FOR 10+ FOR MIDDLE GRADE/PRETEEN/YOUNG ADULT
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 1: The Case of the Missing Cell Phone-(Pinnacle Book Achievement Award, Honorable Mention- Readers’ Favorite Book Award)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 2: The Case of the Mysterious Black Cat (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 3: The Case of the Magical Ivory Elephant (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award and Reader’s Favorite Book Awards – Silver Medal)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 4: The Case of the Brown Scraggly Dog (First Place in Top Shelf Awards, Finalist in Red City Review Awards 5-Star Book Review – Readers’ Favorite Book Awards)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 5: The Case of the Sad Mischievous Ghost (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award Authorsdb Cover Contest – Silver Medal)
- Davey & Derek Junior Detectives Book 6: The Case of the Mystery of the Bells (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award Finalist – Readers’ Favorite Book Awards, Finalist – Book Excellence Awards)
- Abby & Holly School Dance (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award & Bronze Medal from Readers’ Favorite Book Awards)
- Abby & Holly Series Book 2: Unfortunate Events (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award and Readers’ Favorite Book Awards – Honorable Mention)
- Abby & Holly Series, Book 3: Secrets of the Trunk (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Abby & Holly Series, Book 4: The Hidden Stairway (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Abby & Holly Series, Book 5: The Copper Key (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- Abby & Holly Series, Book 6: Faulty Timeline (Pinnacle Book Achievement Award)
- How Far Is Heaven: https://youtu.be/pLCjyc9Q9tQ
- Hunting Mariah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZTu5R-kXhM
- Mariah’s Revenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DIawvOX9aw
Her logo is Jemsbooks – books for all ages!
Her motto is – Reading Gives You Wings to Fly!
Come soar with Jemsbooks!
Janice’s hobbies besides writing are crocheting, exercising to keep in shape, going to the movies with her husband or out to lunch or dinner, reading, book reviewing, blogging and spending time with her five grandchildren who are her writing inspiration.
Janice loves to hear from readers and appreciates and happily welcomes reviews.
Amazon Author’s Page:
Barnes and Noble Children’s Book Link:
Barnes and Noble For 18+ Novels under J.E. Spina:
Facebook Author Page:
Author’s Page At Book Marketing Global Network: